how to add grid lines in ledger statement in tally
A lot of Tally users asked us, how to send statements (Ledgers, Trial Balance, Stock Statements, Debtors list, Creditors list, with Gridlines/Borders)
In this tutorial, we will explain, how to add Lines/Borders in the Ledger statement (All Statements) in Tally. By default tally not shows Lines/Borders in the leger statement. But our simple tip is helpful for insert Lines/Borders in the ledger statement. Just Export ledger statement in excel format and apply Lines/Borders.
|ledger statement with lines in tally erp 9|
The above image clearly shows statement with Lines/Borders is perfectly good and better understand by readers.
From Gateway of Tally select:
- > Display
- > Account Books
- > Ledger
- > Enter required Ledger Name
- > From Right Side Panel Click on F2: Period (Short Cutkey: Alt+F2)
- > Enter Required Month Date: Eg: From: 01.04.2020 To 31.10.2020
Click on E: Export button on TOP Panel.
Click on backspace and set as follows:
- Language: Default (All Languages)
- Format: Excel (Spreadsheet)
- Export Location: Enter Export Location
- Out file Name: Enter Excel File name (Eg: Prakash Dis.xlsx)
- Output sheet name: Enter name as per your requirement
- Update existing file: No
- Excel (Spreadsheet) formatting: Yes
- with colour: set as per your requirement
- Open Exported File: Yes
and set other options as per your requirements.
|ledger statement excel export configuration in tally|
Press Ctrl+A to save
Now Tally shows the Selected ledger statement in excel format.
Select required cells to apply borders/lines, then select Borders option from Home Tab as required
|tally ledger statement formating|
After modifying the excel sheet save the file and mail/print/ convert to PDF format etc as required.