how to change invoice number in tally for new financial year
how to set Automatic sales invoice number in tally erp 9
In this tutorial, we will explain how to set automatic sale invoice numbers in tally. And also we will explain how to add Prefix and Suffix details in the invoice number.
Every financial year your will start with fresh invoice numbers. some of the invoice number formats are explained below
- INV0001/ 21-22
(Do not choose large invoice No: 0003/GST/VPT/2020-21 OR SKPVT/0008/2020-21 etc...)
If you select the Automatic Sale Invoice number option, follow the below important points.
- You can not edit invoice numbers manually.
- Do not delete any invoices. If you delete any invoice, all invoice serial numbers will be changed.
- If you don't want any invoice, just cancel the invoice. it is not reflected for invoice serial numbers.
- You can re-use the canceled invoice. Note: if GST returns filed for a particular period, you do not re-use canceled invoice
- After raising the invoice, just mention the invoice number in the narration field. It is useful for future verification.
- Do not raise an invoice on the back date. It is reflected in invoice serial numbers.
how to set sales invoice number in tally erp 9 automatically
> In the Gateway of Tally click on Accounts Info.
> click on Voucher Types
> click on Alter
> select voucher type i.e Sales (If you create a sub-sale voucher, select regular use voucher type) then press enter
> Use Advance Configuration Set to Yes, then press enter.
how to change invoice no in tally for the new financial year,
A) Not required any TSS