gst challan payment
GST Payment Overview
- Electronic payment process- no generation of paper at any stage.
- Single point interface for challan generation – GSTN.
- Ease of payment - three modes including CC/DC & NEFT/ RTGS.
- Common challan form with auto-population features.
- Use of single challan and single payment instrument.
- Common set of authorized banks.
- Payment through any bank.
- Common Accounting Codes
Modes of Payment under GST
Payment of tax, interest, penalty, fee or any other amounts can be made:
- Through internet banking including by using Credit card (CC) /Debit cards (DC) (Mode I).
- Over The Counter-OTC Payment (Rs 10000) ( Mode II).
- Through National Electronic Fund Transfer (NEFT) / Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS) (Mode III).
Rules for Utilization of Amount in Electronic Ledger
Amount available in the electronic cash ledger under respective minor head may be used for making any payment towards:
- Fees, or
- any other amount payable.
Amount available in the electronic credit ledger may be used for making any payment towards:
- OUTPUT tax.
- Payment of CGST, IGST, SGST & Cess can be done through one single challan.
- Challan will have all major heads [(IGST, CGST, SGST, Cess and minor heads (Tax, Interest, Penalty, Fee, Others)]
- Electronically generated Challan from GST portal with unique 14-digit Common Portal Identification Number (CPIN)
- Challan once generated to be valid for 15 days
- Payment through Debit/Credit Card, Internet Banking, NEFT/RTGS and at the Bank Counter
- Facility to track payment
- All payments will become part of Cash Ledger and can be utilized in payment of liabilities
Mode 1 - Process Flow
- Filling up the amount in e-challan at GST Portal
- Selecting mode of payment (e-payment mode) and generating e-challan
- Triggering payment transaction to the bank’s payment gateway (GST Portal to transmit challans particulars -safe data sharing protocols)
- Taxpayer to make payment using their credentials provided by banks
- On successful completion of transaction, the bank will provide confirmation to GST Portal
- GST Portal will credit the Taxpayer’s ledger
- Payment particulars challan-wise will be available on GST Portal for download/print
Mode 2: OTC Remittance through Authorised Banks
- For payment up to Rs10,000/- per challan per tax period
- Electronic Challan from GST portal
- OTC payment at any branch of authorised bank through
- Cheque (local / At par only)
- Demand Draft
Post a Comment