Digital Payments: Serving a Billion People International Seminar on Payment and Settlement Systems
- The Reserve Bank of India is organising an International Seminar on Payment and Settlement Systems, “Digital Payments: Serving a Billion People” at The Leela, Kovalam, Kerala, India from November 20-22, 2014.
- The Seminar aims at providing a platform for participants (middle/senior management level) from various central banks to exchange views and share their experience of various issues related to the retail payments system space. The schedule is given in the Programme schedule.
- Speakers at the seminar would comprise payment system experts from Bank for International Settlements, World Bank and central banks. The Seminar is designed to be interactive and will give opportunity to participants to share and gather knowledge about other jurisdictions.
- I wish to take this opportunity to invite your central bank to participate in the event. Given the limited number of seats, a maximum of two nominations from a country are possible. It would be desirable if the participant/s deputed have been / are involved in payment systems.
- No fee is payable for attending the seminar. However, the participants will have to bear accommodation and travel costs. We have blocked rooms for the participants at the Hotel Leela, Kovalam (the venue of the seminar) at discounted rate.
- The discounted rates could be availed by the participants by 31st October 2014. The participants would be required to directly book with the hotel for which the code would be provided to the participants on receipt of their nominations.
- I would be grateful if the nominations details, as given in the Registration Form, are forwarded to us by September 30, 2014. Details of the participants may be e-mailed in the format (names, designation, telephone and e-mail contact particulars) or submitted on-line e-mail . Nominations can also be sent by fax to + 91-22-22659566.
Mr. Vijay Chugh
Principal Chief General Manager
Department of Payment and Settlement Systems
Reserve Bank of India