e-SUGAM in Karnataka:
New e-sugam notification is issued on 25/01/2011 which comes into effect from 1st of Feb 2011 for quick clearance of goods at the check-posts. the notification is after due consideration of the feedback of the dealers and the Field officers of the department of e-sugam.
1.The list of good s notified for mandatory uploading in the department website :
http://vat.kar.nic.in or vatkar.gov.in at the time of sale has been expanded to 20 goods which are as under:
1.Acrcanut 2. Cardamom 3. Cashew 4. Coffee seeds 5. Cotton 6. Edible oil including vanaspathi
7.Flooring / Wall tiles of all kinds 8. Glass 9. Granite/Marbles 10.Gutka 11. Iron and steel
12.Oil seeds including coconut and copra 13.pepper 14.Plywood , veneer 15.Rubber 16. Scrap of ferrous and non-ferrous metals 17. Timer including Eucalyptus and casurina 18.Ores of all kinds.19.All kinds of electrical goods including appliances 20.All kinds of automobile parts and accessories
All taxable goods which are transported for purposes other than as a result of sale are notified for mandatory uploading in the department's website at the time of dispatch.
Goods notified for out of state movement are 13 in number
1.All kinds of automobile parts and accessories
2.All kinds of electrical goods including appliances
5.Edible oil including vanaspathi
6.Flooring / Wall tiles of all kinds
10.Iron and steel
11.Machinery of all kinds
12.Plywood , veneer
13.Timer including Eucalyptus and casurina
The validity period of the e-SUGAM once uploaded is prescribed depending on the distance between the place of origin of the goods and the destination of goods which as under:
1)If the distance from the origin of the goods to the destination is less than 100kms - Validity period is 3 days from the day of upload
2.If the distance from the origin of the goods to the destination is between 100kms to 500 kms - Validity period is 5 days from the day of upload.
3..If the distance from the origin of the goods to the destination is above 500 kms - Validity period is 7 days from the day of upload.
1. Login to the Commercial Tax Department web-site http://vat.kar.nic.in or http://vatkar.gov.in or http://22.214.171.124/vat505 using the username and password.
2. In case of the first time login, the system will show some informative screens and ask user to enter his choice of username and password. Please note down the username and password entered by you for your further logins. The system asks you to enter your contact information.
3. Please change your password as often as possible and keep it safe and secure and do not part with anyone.
4. In the main page various options are displayed. Here, select the New Entry option in Online e-SUGAM menus.
5. Next enter the e-SUGAM form details and save by pressing SAVE button. You can also click ‘SAVE & SUBMIT’ button directly here to skip the next step.
6. Now, select the Submit option in Online e-SUGAM menus. The list of the save transactions details are shown. Click on the select button against the transaction to be printed with e-SUGAM.
7. System shows the transaction details, verify and submit by clicking the Submit button.
8. Now system shows the e-SUGAM Serial No for the submitted transaction. Here click on Print button to print the e-SUGAM forms.
9. Now, e-SUGAM form can seen on the screen and take print out by clicking print option at file menu of the Internet Explorer option.
10. If a print is taken without mentioning the goods vehicle number and other related details of transport of goods, then please fill up the relevant transport related particulars, attest the same and obtain the signature of the driver/person in charge of the goods vehicle. Please take care to affix signature of consignor or agent or manager before dispatch of the goods.
11. The dealer can also upload the e-SUGAM forms in bunch in XML form. The XML file format and sample file is given below.
12. Dealer can also update or delete the transaction before submitting the form.
13. Dealer can take the copy of the e-SUGAM form or e-SUGAM Serial No. for verification in the checkpost.
14. In case of return of goods or movement of goods after submitting e-SUGAM form, then dealer can click the CANCEL button and enter the Serial Number of e-SUGAM or date of submission to select the required form. Now, enter the reason of the cancellation and click the CANCEL button. Again enter freshly that transaction for cancelled form, if required and generate new e-SUGAM for the transaction.